Assistant General Manager
Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Assistant General Manager for the SpringHill Suites in Pensacola Beach, FL! We offer an award-winning winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to operate a “best in class” hotel!
The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for providing exceptional service to every guest while simultaneously maximizing hotel profitability. Furthermore, the Assistant General Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are performed professionally and adhere to the brand and company standards. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Directing and coordinating the activities of the front desk, housekeeping, reservations, guest service, security, and maintenance
- Maximizing ADR and Occupancy
- Coordinating communications between Sales and Operating departments
- Motivating, coaching, and training department supervisors
- Understanding financial statements and budget, including staffing guidelines
- Controlling department head schedules, expenses, and implementing cost-saving strategies
- Guiding, developing, and/or implementing policies, procedures, and systems to improve business operations
- Managing all aspects of safety program, including training, reporting, and incentives
- Maintaining a cooperative and positive work environment
*Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that an Assistant General Manager may be asked to perform.
- Candidates for Assistant General Manager must have a minimum of 2 years of hotel supervisory experience
- Desire to operate a best in class hotel
- Previous experience with scheduling
- Have an understanding of cost controls and some budgetary knowledge
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional guest service results as measured through guest satisfaction
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal)
While there are countless Trips out there in charity shops and car boot sales, you can also buy refurbished.